Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting So Close


Susannah is so close to crawling, which, to me, is both exciting and terrifying.  Exciting, in that every milestone is such fun to watch.  Terrifying, in that one second she could be right behind me ripping a magazine to shreds (a current favorite activity) and the next second, in the other room trying to give herself a tattoo with a needle that Mommy didn't know fell out of her sewing basket.  Just kidding, but I needed to type out a worst-case-scenario so I would remember to start baby-proofing the house.  Time to put away Pete's bows and arrows and my ninja stars.

Susannah also turned 8 months last week.  She'll be a year before we know it.  And now I'm going to cry for the rest of the day about that fact.


You're in for a treat with this sweet video.  Sometimes as it nears nighttime bedtime, Susannah gets delirious.  She will laugh hysterically at the most random things.  This is the tail end of one such event (so you're unfortunately not able to see her in the absolute hysterics when I first started flipping that thing), but you can see that she's already been laughing at it so much that she has the hiccups.


A few pics!

For all who have bathed Susannah lately and she's gotten fussy, here is the reason!  While you're washing her with a washcloth, she  desperately wants one of her own to chew on.  It drives her bonkers if you have one and she doesn't!  I've never seen her want something so bad.  What a weird little babe.

Holding herself up in the laundry basket.

Toybox = Quicksand

"You can strap me in, but that doesn't mean I'm staying put."

Susannah's recently taken an interest in Pete's kettlebell.  I'm not surprised -- she's just like her Daddy with everything else, so she might as well fall in love with a kettlebell at a young age! 

No comments:

Post a Comment