Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Visitors, New Games, and Fermented Chicken Feed


Pete's best friend Matt came in town last week and brought his wife and baby girl with him.  Pete and Matt went to VA Beach for a night to do some stuff for work, so the girls got some girl time; and we were so grateful to have company!  It took some time for Sus to warm up to Hannah, but it took zero time for Hannah to warm up to Susannah.  She is so sweet and wanted to hug on Susannah all the time; Susannah finally let her by the end of their time with us.

Showing Hannah all her toys

Bath time is so much more fun with friends!

Our big girl entertaining herself with coloring at a restaurant!  
Susannah's new favorite game is Hide-n-Seek.  It is so fun and hilarious to play with her.  She's obviously the one who does the seeking, and Pete or I do the hiding.  Here's how it goes down:
Me: "Susannah, do you want to play Hide-n-Seek?"
Sus: "Hid-Tee!"
Me: "Okay, I'm gonna go hide, and you come find me!"
(I go hide behind a door or something and call her name a few times.)
Sus: (walking toward my voice) "Maaaaamaaaa....  Maaaaammmmaaa...."
And when she finally finds me,
Me: "Boo!"
Sus: (erupts in giggles) "Maamaaaa!"
And we hug and laugh.  It's real cute.

Making friends at the library.

A "wow-weh" for each hand.

Sweet smirk.
This morning I found Susannah elbow-deep in an unidentifiable substance (that looks quite like the inside of her dirty diapers) that was inside a 5-gallon bucket, laughing and flailing and having a grand ole time.  After tossing her in the sink (which she also loved) and flipping out a little, I called Pete, demanding to know the name of that substance and whether or not I needed to call poison control.  He began laughing, of course, and told me he was just fermenting chicken feed and had forgotten to tell me.  Oh, my life...  :)

Some fun, recent Daddy-daughter time:

A little morning play time.

Those cloth diapers sure give this girl a ghetto booty!  (Playing on Daddy's keyboard is a fav activity.)
Coming back from getting the "mmmeh" (mail).  One of my all-time favorite pictures to date.



2 comments:

  1. Darling pictures, Sally. I think Miss Sus looks like her paternal grrrranny!! Have you seen pics of them when they (KnS) were little? It's amazing, the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like such a big girl at the library!!

    ReplyDelete