Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tour de Nursery de Susannah

Well, Mom and I just finished the nursery today, 8 days AFTER Susannah decided to join us.  Better late than never, right?  I am pretty much obsessed with her room - it's just too bad she may never sleep in there if my postpartum emotions don't slow down sometime soon.  (Kidding...kind of.)


The first night we were home from the hospital, Mom asked me, "Where is baby going to sleep tonight?"  I was very confused by this question, and responded matter-of-factly, "In her crib -- that's her room."  Well, once bedtime came, I put little 7 pound Susannah (that was her weight upon leaving the hospital) in that massive crib, walked into my room, crawled into bed, and proceeded to bawl my eyes out to Pete, explaining between sobs that "I j-j-just ca-a-a-an't leave h-h-her in there toni-i-ight..."  We have since attempted naps in the crib, but still no nighttime sleeps.  Mommy just isn't ready for that yet.  She's been sleeping in the awesome swing Aunt Sarah gave us in our room, and we will hopefully upgrade to the crib soon -- maybe by the age of 4...


So here are some pictures of her amazing nursery.  


The first thing you see when you walk in the door, her changing table / dresser


Window treatment, courtesy of the amazing SuSu


Crib skirt, courtesy of the amazing SuSu


The verse in the frame is James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above."


Her little bookshelf -- if you know me at all, you know we will be reading a TON!

Seeing it in real life is much better, so come visit us!  I'll even let you change a diaper or two on that fancy changing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment