Monday, February 24, 2014

Why the Y?


I've learned a lot in the past 3 1/2 months, and I know I have a lot more to learn.  One interesting, though strange, thing I have recently learned is that anytime I'm talking to Baby, if I can add a -y on the end of a word, I'm going to do it.  I've noticed Pete doing the same thing, as well as most anyone who talks to a baby.  We've got fingy, diapy, toesies, poopy, blankey, lovey, froggy, burpy, chickies, and a million more, I'm sure.  Sometimes I hear myself thinking these y-ending words.  Ah man, I got some of that poopy diapy on my fingy...  I don't think I've added the y to adult conversations, but who knows.  When you talk to a baby for 90% of your weekly social time, there's a good chance that other 10% will begin looking like the former.

Anywho-- Here are some pics of our growing girl during this last week of wonderfully warm weather!

Lying on our back started like this...
But ended like this... Poor baby!!
Daddy will make her smile again, though!

She prefers being able to see her surroundings.

Watching her sisters peck around in the yard
 
We love when Daddy comes home to play!

As you can see, headbands were the theme of the week.  I most definitely like them more than anyone else in the house, Susannah included.  But let's get serious: those big bows and flowers are SO CUTE on her big head!

No comments:

Post a Comment