Monday, April 7, 2014

A New Level of Weird

(This post was supposed to post last week, but I forgot to schedule it!  Next week will cover our trip home to Collierville, as the trip is mentioned at the end in the future tense.)



I have never in my whole life had many inhibitions in the area of weirdness.  My twin sister can attest, as can my husband, that there are very few limits to what I find funny, particularly in regards to silly voices, songs, and dance moves.

But it's gotten even worse as of late.  I find myself doing the most ridiculous things to entertain the only human I interact with during the day.  For instance, I've recently joined my indie friends as a singer/songwriter.  Each day holds a new song for our little babe.  The most recent track to drop from the ole 3117 is a rock ballad entitled "Freedom," and here's the basic gist: "Freedom from the confines of clothing!  (Yeah, yeah)  Freedom from the confines of clothing!" (You know I'm talkin bout) Freedom from the confines of clothing!  (Let me hear ya say) Freedom from the confines of clothing!"

Good, right?

Or there's my very clever rendition of "Crazy Girl" by Eli Young Band called "Baby Girl"; a song in which anytime you see the word crazy  you change it to baby.  You also replace woman or lady with baby.  Indeed, you say, very clever.  And, of course, there's "My Susannah" sung to the tune of "My Sharona."  (We only sing the first verse of that one...things get a little sticky after that.)

If you have any ideas for new songs, I'm always open to suggestions.  Things can get a little mundane around here if we're not constantly trying to turn real life into a musical.  Pete will thank you personally for anything you suggest, I'm sure.

PICTURES!!!  


This girl is going to walk before she crawls.  She LOVES standing!

She is playing with or eating, rather) her toys now!
Happy girlie in her new yellow sleeper.
The next two picture crack me up:

"Well, hellooooo..."
"You talkin' to me?"
 And our little angel baby:


I'll be in Collierville with Susannah all next week (poor Petey is going to be all by himself), so I won't be posting this Monday.  I can guarantee a good amount of pics next Monday, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment