Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sal and Sus To Collierville


Praise the Lord, we made it out alive from our airplane adventures!  Susannah was a champ and slept on all 4 airplanes, 2 legs to Memphis and 2 legs back.  She fussed during the takeoff of each one, but was fast asleep by the time we reached 10,000 feet.

Our first flight, however, was interesting, so if you'll humor me, I'll share the story with you real quick: (if you're not a fan of breastfeeding stories, feel free to scroll right on to the pics)

I've been stressed about flying by myself with Susannah since January, when we booked our flight.  So over the past couple months, I paid very close attention to Susannah's favorite toys, favorite silly faces, favorite positions, favorite EVERYTHING so I could hopefully combat any fussiness successfully.  That morning I packed up all her favorite things into her diaper bag and timed her eating schedule so that she would nurse as we took off out of Norfolk for her little ears to pop.  What I did not factor in to that seemingly perfect equation was that she would be extremely tired and I would still be extremely stressed out; meaning, she was too tired to drink long enough for my milk to let down and I was too stressed for my milk to let down anyway!  So poor baby was WAILING for the first 10 minutes we were in the air, but by the grace of God, she miraculously fell asleep on my lap right in the middle of her I'm-so-hungry-but-so-tired-too fit.  I took this opportunity to very carefully reach into the diaper bag for my wallet, pull out my credit card, and whisper to the 25-year-old man next to me that I needed him to order me a glass of red wine...at 8:30 in the morning.  Because gosh darnit, if that baby woke up, I was going to be able to feed her!  It was one of the best, most relaxing glasses of red wine I've ever had.  I drank it straight from the mini-bottle.

And now for the picture documentation of the week:

Snoozin on the plane.

Happy to finally experience the magic of PopPop and SuSu's house!

Cousins! (Photo cred: Lauren Ware)

Proud grandparents with their grandbabies!  (Photo cred: Lauren Ware)

Happy Hour with the girls.  Turns out, Sus didn't like being the only girl left out, and she let PopPop and Eric know...
So glad to be reunited with Bethany, Whitney, Baby Nelson, and Bun-in-the-oven Natalie!

Susannah couldn't take her eyes off that handsome Walker, my college roommate of 3 years Leah's 2nd son.
Spending time with Janelle (high school friend) and her boy, Caleb!

HUGS!


Playing at the park with 3 of my best friends and their kids: Allie and Lila, Leah (sans kids), and Amy and Jackson!  Jackson was holding Susannah's hand for the picture.

All the park activities put these girls out for the count.
There were many other fun reunions and "play dates" that occurred that week, but the camera unfortunately did not get pulled out each time.  It was wonderful getting to see so many of my friends from both high school and college (and all the babies that we've since produced) and my Ware family.

And lastly, Mom pulled out my baby book while I was home, and I stumbled upon a little gem that I shall leave you with.  I hope Susannah grows up to be as hip as her mama once was!

No words.

No comments:

Post a Comment