Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lessson Learned


I made a big mistake last week.

I was eating a piece of deer jerky on the couch, and Susannah, who was standing in front of me, wanted some (as she always does whenever anyone near her has anything edible).  Since she still only has 1 molar, consuming a whole piece of jerky would be impossible; so I gave her a large piece to gnaw on.  After a few seconds, she began to get frustrated, and without even thinking, I took back the jerky and ate it myself.  Whoops.  I have never seen her so mad.  For the first time ever, Susannah wanted NOTHING to do with me.  She started crying hysterically and waving her arms in the do-not-come-near-me motion that she typically does when I'm trying to give her food she doesn't like.  When I reached for her, she screamed at me and pushed my arms away.  So I just sat there, which apparently made her even madder because she started pushing my knees away from her as she continued in her hysterics.  I finally had to just pick her up anyway, and she, of course, arched her back like crazy in attempts to weasel out of my grasp.  So we did the only thing I could think of to distract her other than more food: we went outside to look at the birds, and all was forgotten.  Poor Pete wasn't even home to sweep in and rescue her from the mean ole Mommy.  Something tells me this won't be the last time Sus wants nothing to do with me, and I'll bet it won't be as easy to win back her affections either.

Susannah is saying a few new words now: "Eh-mo" (Elmo), "An-ee" (Angie), and "neh-ted" (naked).  Good thing she learned how to say that last one before, maybe, "hello," or "help," or "libertarian."

Pics and a video!


We were so happy to have some warm weather this week!

Just doing what we do on the stairs.  Up and down and up and down and up and down and repeat.

Sweet girl.


A little walker!


I leave for THE BAHAMAS at the end of the week, sans baby and husband.  While I cannot WAIT for this much-needed vacation, please pray that I am not an emotional wreck from missing my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment