Monday, December 8, 2014

Unintentionally Neglected Items


I have haphazardly forgotten to mention a few things on here that I need to make note of!  Here's a nice, organized list of said items:

  • Susannah got her first molar during the last week in November.  Still no sign of any others, but we know they exist and will show themselves in no time, I'm sure.
  • We are down a chicken again.  This time the deed was done not by Pete or the neighbor's dog, but by a hawk!  How dramatic!  Luckily, my attachment to the chickens has become virtually nonexistent ever since the dog tragedy, so we've successfully shrugged off her death as merely a minor setback in egg production.
  • I'm pregnant again!  I had my 16 week appointment today and am feeling great.  My belly is growing ever-so-slowly again, just like it did with Susannah, so I'm hoping one morning soon I'll wake up to an obviously-pregnant belly in order to get past this stage of just appearing chubbier than normal (though my annual Thanksgiving overindulgence did help me put on a few extra pounds than necessary, as the scale informed me this morning at my appointment...yikes...). 
Here are just a few recent pictures:

Ambitious little girl!

She LOVES sunglasses.

Pete has to remind the birds who's boss sometimes.

Trying to take a pic with Sus on my 30th birthday. She's about as interested as she normally is...

We went to visit Santa.
And I'll leave you with a recent observation.  Now that Susannah is not only on-the-move but is on-the-move with items in tow, I've realized that there are constantly things everywhere.  I can do my best to pick all the things up, but if that little girl happens to see that I'm undoing what she's done, she immediately "fixes" it back to the way she likes it.  Pete and I have laughed at Susannah turning our living room (and kitchen and bedroom...) into an obstacle course and absolutely loving it that way.  She will either purposely step on whatever item she meets en route (practicing her balance maybe?) or she stops, picks item(s) up, inspects item(s), throws item(s) a foot in front of her, continues crawling or walking, and does the same thing when she meets the thrown item(s) again.  It really is so cute and funny.  I've never been a clean-freak (my mom and college roommates can attest), but I have grown to generally like things on the tidier side of "livable."  So I'm choosing to see the humor and the pure entertainment this new clutter provides for all parties involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment