Monday, August 11, 2014

There Have Been Events


One event that is more notable to me than to anyone else is that I finished a journal!  Pete laughed at my dramatic enthusiasm and sentimentality about this feat (I may have been playing it up a bit for his entertainment), but man, if you're a journal-er, you know what I'm saying: it is SO fun to finish one "season" and move on to the next.  And it is especially fun to look back at the things written in the just-finished journal.  Many answered prayers; many, many signs of God's faithfulness.  I began that journal last summer when we moved to Chesapeake, so it has been neat to look back at my prayers for friends, a healthy baby, a church family, a home, etc. and see just how the Lord orchestrated all of that.  Who knows what the next journal holds!

Another event that is just as dramatic but not nearly as happy is that we're now down to only 4 chickens.  We let our chickens roam free, so we always knew there was a chance of a dog, snake, fox, or some other thing that likes to get after chickens would one day get after ours.  Saturday morning was that sad day, so now we only have our 4 Barred Rock hens (the speckled ones).  I liked our rooster and our other buff hen, so I was a little down when I discovered what happened (Pete was working in Richmond); but it was nothing a few afternoon shots of tequila couldn't cure.  Oh come on, I'm kidding.  I got over it the old-fashioned way and told myself to suck it up.  And I did.

Baby events for this week included another tooth!  I'm trying to teach her the art of closed-mouth smiling though because she looks a little snaggle-toothed.  She got one top-middle tooth a couple weeks ago, and the one that came in this week was the lateral-incisor (getting specific here) opposite that tooth.  So she's all gappy, and it looks hilarious.  I'm kidding about the closed-mouth smiling, of course; I'm actually trying to snag some pictures of this goofy grin so I can humble her later in life.  You know, show her she hasn't always been the cutest little thing in the entire world...(but really, she still is).

Here are just a few pictures for ya:

Wearing one of my outfits from when I was a baby

In the nursery at church with all her best friends

She flipped her play mat and turned it into a fort!

This should be the new advertisement for FedEx office: Even the boxes are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment