Thursday, May 14, 2015

Close Encounters


So I went to check our duck nesting spot yesterday for eggs, and this is what I found:


Yikes!  I immediately called Pete and asked if I needed to go get a gun to shoot the not-so-little egg-stealer.  He said, "You need to kill it with a shovel, but get some good pics first!" which is why you are able to see a very nice picture of a very ugly snake (you're welcome).  On my way inside to get my camera, I pumped myself up for the killing that was about to take place.  Talk about pioneer woman!  Here I am 9 months pregnant about to hack away at an anaconda.   As it turned out, the anaconda didn't like the flash of my camera very much, so it slithered away quite quickly, and I only nicked its tail with the shovel while shouting, "Shoot!  Get back here so I can brag about killing youuuu!"  It didn't listen.  So there I was with the biggest adrenaline rush ever, and I had nothing to show for it.  And on top of that, Pete informed me that evening after inspecting the pictures, the dern thing isn't even poisonous.  So now we're just waiting for it to try to eat our eggs again so we can kill it and save our eggs--not ourselves.  Still kinda cool, just not dangerous cool.  Oh, well.

Selfies and smooches on the steps

Wearing John's boots again

Once the shades go on, this girl doesn't know any other expression than this.  Mean-muggin'.

Our new after-dinner ritual: bare bottom play outside!

Running running running!

She dragged this all the way from the laundry room to tell me she wanted to bounce.  Didn't utter a word, just dragged.

"Daddy won't buy me a riding lawn mower 'cause he says lugging this thing around is good for me..."

Our new favorite word:


No comments:

Post a Comment