Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cuter Everyday


Susannah has been showing lots of signs of being more like her grandmothers than her mother: she's all-the-time cleaning things up.  Or maybe I should have written "cleaning things up" in quotations.  Because it's more like (here's where I love putting words to what I think Susannah's thoughts are), "Hey, I think I don't want my sippy anywhere my parents can find it, so I'll put it in this obscure cabinet" or "I just opened this brand new package of [fill in the blank], but it looks like trash to me, so I'll throw it away" or "My shoes look kinda dirty, so I'll drop them in the back of the dishwasher" (getting close on that last one!).

She's also proving to be a really obedient child; she knows what "please put that back" means and will actually take whatever item we're referring to and put it back where she found it.  When she's fussing at me in the kitchen during meal prep, I can tell her to go sit in the living room, and she'll march right in there, plop down in the middle of the carpet, and continue fussing until she's "ready to be sweet" or her Daddy comes in to save the day and play with her.  I'll have to remember these times when she's in her Terrible Twos or teenage years...

And one quick paci update: we've moved on and not looked back!  It only took a few days, and she's back to going right to sleep (and staying asleep) during naps and nighttime.  What a trooper!

Modeling her winter wear

Learning to doodle
Nothing is safe in her wake...

A new favorite pastime: sitting in the glider to play with her sound machine 

Hat day at the Acker house!  One lady is covering up bedhead; the other is covering up breakfast food remnants.  I'll let you figure out which description goes with which girl...

I am a firm believer that when you are eating something like ice cream or cereal or cookies or anything else that we hardly EVER have in our house, it's imperative to focus on NOTHING else in order to fully enjoy the treat.  This is Pete eating cereal and blocking out my incessant, irrelevant storytelling in order to enjoy it, and I applaud him for it.

We love story time!  It was our first time to go, and Susannah broke down in tears when I told her we had to leave.
And a John Boy update: he's still measuring perfectly, according to the doc!  The heartbeat sounds beautiful, as well.  I had my glucose test on Monday morning and have not heard back from them about it, which is actually a good thing; apparently I will only hear from them if I failed.  Fingers crossed I don't get that dreaded phone call tomorrow!

And lastly, here's a funny video of Susannah watching Pete workout in the side yard:


No comments:

Post a Comment