Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Join My Team!

If there's anything in this life that we can all (and I mean ALL) agree on, it's that we'd rather not get sick.  We all have our own methods to avoid sickness; but if you don't already use the method we use here in the Acker house, I'm about to pitch you quite the deal, and you might just join our team. (That's my pyramid scheme intro...pretty good, eh?)  I'm contemplating making a sign with our team name to go above our door because I believe that strongly in it: TEAM GARLIC.  Or more specifically, TEAM RAW GARLIC.

I feel like I should knock on wood the entire time I'm typing this because I'm about to brag about how many times I was sick this winter season: ZERO.  And yes, I attribute that to my devotion to the intake of raw garlic, hence the post devoted to it.  Not only did I avoid getting sick when both Pete and Susannah were sick a couple months ago, but I avoided an almost impossible-to-not-get sickness last week when I babysat 3 girls who all came down with fevers (one of which was 104º!) while at our house.  So this sick-season, I've been convinced of the goodness of garlic.  It's disgusting, but it works, my friends!

(And in case you're wondering, it's not like I eat it daily.  Gross.  I only eat it when I know I'm around stuff I need to avoid catching--normally a clove twice a day for 3 days.)

And now that I'm off my garlic soapbox and you've joined our team (I'll make bumper stickers in the coming months), here are just a few pictures of our girl now that the weather is WARM!

Static Electricity Angel Babe

Picking flowers is literally our favorite activity.  She might like it more than eating...might.

Talking to the chickens about how much we love their eggs.

"Show me your teeth!"
We're heading to Mechanicsville tonight to see the Gilberts and then on to Harrisonburg for the rest of the weekend to see Pops and Figgy!  Looking forward to lots of fun!

(If you're interested in seeing some of our new wall decor, hop on over to Pete's elk hunting blog.  You might even see a cute baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment